Monday, June 17, 2013

Here's to the start of Summer



I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mommy this summer! When I start my full-time nursing school this upcoming fall I will be grateful for the memories and time I got to spend with Sophia. To kick off summer, we decided to enroll her in swim lessons at our local pool. 

I had a hard time deciding whether to put her into parent-tot (that means I have to bare my mommy-body in public, in a bathing suit…yikes) or level one swim lessons where she would be in the water without me, and instead have two teachers. I was going to take the plunge and enroll her us into parent-tot, but after talking to one of my best friends who is a lifeguard there I decided to enroll her into level one. Why? Sophia is familiar with water now that we got her a kiddie pool for the backyard, so getting into the water would not be an issue (Parent-tot aims toward making your child less freighted when in the water), and after-all we enrolled her in swim lessons because we wanted her to learn how to swim. So level one it was.





I was a nervous wreck today when the lessons began. I know that lifeguards are certified to keep our children safe, but that doesn’t untie the knot a mother feels in her stomach when her child is sitting on the edge of a pool, near water that is deeper than said child’s height.




 The kids get to go down the "big slide" after each class.
 I was just as nervous, if not more, than  Sophia was.
 Thankfully all went well and Sophia had a great time. I am excited to see how much she learns in the next two weeks and to watch her swimming improve as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment