Monday, May 20, 2013

Makeover Monday


It’s only Monday, and I’ve already crossed something off of my to-do list.
I have been needing wanting a nice wicker patio set for our screen porch. I was looking for something like the Threshold™ Belvedere 4-Piece Wicker Patio Conversation Furniture Set from Target.

I couldn’t bring myself to spend $797.00 on a patio set. I knew there had to be a cheaper way to get what I was looking for.  I decided I would hunt down some wicker furniture, no matter the color, and paint it. I waited for a few months until I found a set for sale.
I’m part of an online mom group that makes it easy to buy from and sell things to each other, sort of like a giant online garage sale. On Friday I found a VERY nice four piece set on the site, even better it was only $30. Excuse me while I get my jaw off of the table! $30?!?!? Sure it was a little faded and some parts of the wicker were falling off but seriously…how could you pass that up?!? I have no idea. I went to pick it up almost immediately. 
Thanks to the new CR-V, I was now able to fit more than a week’s worth of groceries in the back. Unfortunately the CR-V wasn’t quite big enough and I ended up taking two trips, regardless it was totally worth it.
So I got the pieces home and put them in the porch until I had the time to paint. I dread putting this before picture up. My porch was a mess!

 So there it sat until Sunday afternoon. By sunday evening we had the first..
 And second coat done.
I hope you, too, have a good looking guy to help you paint during those hand cramps.
Just look at that concentration!
I spent all day Monday putting two more coats on each furniture piece.
Okay, not ALL day Monday, of course I had to go shopping for some new cushions. So Sophia and I headed to Home Depot with Aunt Nina.
Before I reveal the afters, here is a breakdown of my total costs:
Furniture: $30
Spray paint (10 cans @ $2.89):  roughly $30
Seat Cushions (4 cushions, 4 pillows) $114
______________________________________________
Total Cost:   $174.00
    Total Savings: $623.00

 I would really like to find a rug to add to the porch, but we will save that for another day.
To make the porch feel a little more "homey," I added a white serving platter and flower vase that I had bought at T.J Maxx awhile back.
I did have to buy some fake flowers though because I cannot keep plants alive! Thankfully S isn't a plant and I can keep her alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment